Previously trading as GD & JA Lancaster (now Lancaster Painters Australia), we were privileged to run exhibitions and DIY demonstrations including the Master Builders “Building & Home Improvement Show”, the Sunday Mail “Home Living Expo”, the Channel 7 “Home Expo” and the Italian Carnevale. Our work was exhibited at the French Festival held at Carrick Hill in 2008. Displays of our work were also exhibited in the Home Ideas Centre and in Old Adelaide Restoration Centre.
DIY Demos & Displays
The French Festival 2008 & Italian Carnevale 2009
Old Adelaide Restoration Centre
- The plaster column was hand painted with a faux (fake) Saracolin marble effect. 24 karat gold leaf was applied to the capital at the top of the column.
- The top of the plaster sconce was hand painted with a faux (fake) Saracolin marble effect. A gold antiquing effect was applied by hand to the front of the sconce.
- The statue and pedestal were hand painted with an antique effect.
- 24 karat gold leaf was applied to the mirror frames.
Home Ideas Centre Display
- The centre stage of our display boats a hand painted trompe l’oeil (3 dimensional mural) of a cat, autumn leaves, and a fish pond with koi fish and lilies.
- On the left hand side wall of the display are a hand painted Tuscan wash (at the front) and a hand painted wood grain effect (toward the back).
- The back wall boasts hand painted Vert de Mer marble and Carrera marble. In front of the marble displays sits a pane of glass featuring hand painted designs.
- On the right hand side wall of the display are a hand painted Mahogany wood grain effect (toward the back) and hand painted faux (fake) granite (at the front).